Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Change

Life,not me, has changed a lot for me since I left Srinagar. Although none of my friends who met me here in NCR failed to recognize me. According to them I am the same Atul of SGRR. I met 1 of my close friends after 8 years. He is 6 feet tall now and 4 girlfriends old and still counting. And when he saw me, his face changed from shock to amusement and then happiness. And when I told him I don’t even have a girlfriend. He mourned for half an hour and still mourns on phone. According to his philosophical self, I am in deep grief and the reason is because I don’t have a girlfriend. What a crap. I wonder how much people change with time. And y haven’t I changed?
I was born and brought up in small towns of Garhwal and in my times just helping a girl to carry her bag was a social issue. Immediately my teachers told my parents because it was their duty to protect a studious kid.(Again a crap.)And then my parents teased me very badly for about a week and I wondered what happened. I was just a kid. Even your friends will kill you for that. So I did not even help another girl after that:). But with time I matured much faster than kids of my age. I had a better understanding of relations than others. But this maturity robbed me of my spark and ofcourse innocence.
Talking about change, some of my friends changed drastically. I talked to 1 of my school friend as she was also in Gurgaon. This was the first time I talked with her since in school I was rather shy. She was speaking in English. Come on. She barely got pass marks in English. I think its the call center effect or the delhi effect. Delhi affects small town people a lot. They become free and restless ;). Some manage to hold their integrity, some cannot.

2 comments:

Pawan B. said...

You are correct. And who stands tall against all the odds, will win the race finally. Small ups and down doesn't count.

Pawan B. said...

That's correct. And the one who stands tall against all the odds will be the winner at last. Small ups and down in between doesn't count much.