Friday, July 4, 2008

Gopeshwar


When I get bored by work and reading I just anonymously google. And this time I read about the place I born, Gopeshwar. I still remember the fields in Gopeshwar gaon where I use to run around, fight with kids, play cricket and reach home with so much dirt on me. Those were really golden moments. But the place I most remember is the Gopinath temple. Its trident or Trishul which I use to think was of Lord Shiva. The trident dates back to 12th century and still has no sign of rust. Amazing!!! Then the Big Hanuman Statue. The magnicient dome, the sanctoram, the Ramlila, the daily pooja(prayer). Its really hard to forgot.
The legend told me that we being born in Gopeshwar has blessings of Gopinath, Lord Shiva. I always felt protected in the temple when I was kid. I use to wonder about big stones so neatly cut and the engravings on it. My Naniji(maternal grand mother) told me that the temple was built by Pandavas themselves, otherwise no human being can lift such big stones.
I also remember the Ramlilas where I use to put my cloth in front of stall. That was kind of seat booking in North India. Although as I grew up I realized those were boring. But the stories Naniji told me were really awesome. She told me the meaning of my name with reference to Hanuman ji and I felt very proud. There are million of things that I can tell about my childhood in Gopeshwar. For me it'll be 1 of the most beautiful and memorable place for me.

No comments: